Artist from rural soil: Ravindra Dhage
Many actors from rural areas have made a name for themselves in the film industry through their acting. Makrand Anaspure , Sadashiv Amarapurkar , Sanjay Kulkarni , Sandeep Pathak , Sudhir Nikam , Pramod Ramdasi , Ravindra Solanke , Vijay Anjaan are from rural areas. Since there are so many good topics for movies and series in rural areas Directors are also seen tackling rural issues. Such topics are also liked by the experts and the audience in this field. Since the subject is rural, directors are also giving opportunities to artists from this area. These artists do their best to make the most of this opportunity. One such artist can be seen rooting his feet in Marathi cinema. Ravindra Dhage (Dhanorkar) is the same name. Coming from a small village called Dhanora (Khurd) in Beed district, this young actor has made his mark in Marathi films like 'Prem Lagi Jeeva' , 'Jiddari' as well as in many serials . His film 'Prem Lagi Jiva' has just been released and he has played an important role in this film. The film is doing well at the box office and his performance in the film is being appreciated by the audience. Interview with this emerging artist who is a native farmer.
Q : What projects have you done so far ?
I have acted in Marathi films like Zombivali , Jiddari , Prem Lagi Jiva and Aang Bai Sasu Bai , kaay ghadala tya ratri , Swarajya Janani Jijamata , Sahakutumb Sahaparivar , Balu Mamachya Nawan Chang Bhala , Navnath.
Q : How was your childhood ? How did you get into acting ?
I was born into a small farming family. As my father was a civil contractor, my childhood was spent in Pune. As a child, I loved watching movies. As a child, he used to gather friends and perform plays in the form of games. After returning to the village, when I was 8 years old, my friend Suresh Jagtap wrote by Nagnath Kode, While directing the play 'Premache ful, Ekcha Mul', no one was seen to play a female character. At that time, I had played the role of a female character 'Saraswati' in this play at his request. Many of the play's experiments revolved around the pentagram. While studying Ambajogai, I participated in many street plays and performed art. Later, when I was in Latur, I acted in the play 'Akada'. This play also had many experiments. Former Chief Minister late Vilasrao Deshmukh had praised my acting after seeing the entire experiment of this play. It can be said that this is where I started my acting career.
Q - Where did you get your acting training before ?
No , I have not done any acting training before. But since I was interested in acting since childhood, I turned to this field.
Q : Ziddari is your first film , how did you get the opportunity ?
Dipti Shendarkar's film 'Jiddari' was directed by Amol Shinde (Holkar). Dipti Shendarkar wanted to make this film by giving priority to actors from rural areas. While conducting a cultural program in the village during Ganesh Utsav, film actor Sudhir Male told me that the audition for the film Jiddari has started. I went to audition for this movie because I love acting. This is where I got selected. After a 15-day workshop, the film actually started shooting. In this film, I played the role of the father of the lead actress.
Q - What about the movie 'Prem Lagi Jeeva' ? How was your experience in this movie ?
The film 'Prem Lagi Jeeva' is based on the caste system and is based on the love story of a disabled person. This film was also selected after my audition. Currently, the film has been screened in many cinemas across Maharashtra and is doing well at the box office. The film currently has a rating of 4.0. Released on April 22, the film is still running. Presented by Kasturi Film Entertainment World, the film is produced by Prajakta Khandekar and directed by Somnath Lohar. The film stars Vaishali Sable , Somnath Lohar , Nagesh Thonte , Mayuri Navate ,Comedians Johnny Rawat , Harshad Pathare , Rajendra Jadhav , Prajakta Khandekar and I, are in the lead roles. In this film, I have played the negative role of Ashok Patil, the elder brother of the main heroine. This is an entertaining movie that everyone should watch with family.
Q. How much education has been done ?
I have done my second year in law at Dayanand College, Latur.
Q : What do you think about the changing nature of the film and the expectations of the audience ?
Good experiments are being done in Marathi. Many good directors and writers are in Marathi. They constantly try to come up with something out of the ordinary. I think that for the development of Marathi cinema, new experiments need to be done continuously. Marathi films do not get cinemas as compared to Hindi films . Therefore, the art presented by Marathi artists does not reach the people. The golden days of Marathi movies will not come unless we love Marathi language and literature. Now that the audience is slowly turning to Marathi films, I think the coming days will definitely be golden days for Marathi cinema and drama.
Q- Cinema , drama or serial ?
The three areas have both advantages and disadvantages. There is no such thing. The core of these three areas is acting. I would love to work in all three areas.
Q. What do you say to people who come to this area ?
Believe in yourself Be honest. Don't run after glamor. Don't fall prey to fraud. If you want to come to this expanded area and grow up, then come after doing full study. Success will come and go but you keep working hard and be honest in your work.
Q : How are you doing next ?
I have auditioned for some Marathi films and they have been selected. In the next few days, these films will hit the theaters and I will see them in different roles. I will continue my journey of acting even in dramas , street plays on social enlightenment.
Q : How does u feel, a boy from a normal family become a movie actor ?
I came to this field because of the faith and acting skills of the filmmakers, who have no family background in cinema. I have been getting success in this field. I am getting a lot of love from the audience. I am indebted to the audience for the love they have given me.
- Suresh Mantri.

Comments
Post a Comment